Wednesday, January 12, 2011

And A Happy New Year

Just a few photos and lots of words from our last few weeks.....

Christmas was so relaxing and memorable for us.  We spent Christmas Eve with my family.  Church, too much delicious food, and the annual gift exchange.  Christmas morning started bright and early as Andrew woke us up at 7 for stockings.  We then joined some church people, singing carols at a nursing home and eating waffles at Bob & Karen's house.  Around noon, we left there and took a walk along the Jordan River Parkway.....seriously, it was 50 degrees out!  Back at home, we opened our gifts, took a quick nap and got ready for company.  Some friends joined us for an Indian Christmas feast.  Noella made tandoori chicken, chicken curry and rice, while I made chana masala, a chickpea and tomato dish.

We had so much fun with Ezra this Christmas.  He really got into ripping off wrapping paper. We got him this Tonka truck (every boy's gotta have one, right?), but his favorite gifts by far came in his stocking.....a plate, spoon & fork.  Go figure!  Of course, he was spoiled by everyone else, so our house boasts quite a few more toys and books.

We also found these adorable booties wrapped up under the tree from Auntie Heather.  We don't find out for a few more weeks, but I think someone out there is hoping for a girl!


Christmas was warm, but New Year's was snowy (and COLD) indeed!  New Year's Eve was spent with some friends at a Murder Mystery.  The story was set in the 1920s, so it was super fun to dress up for.  And New Year's Day, we got to snowshoe at North Fork in Ogden Canyon.  So fun!  We went with my brother and his family and 2 other amazingly fun couples.  Unfortunately, I was in charge of the camera, so these are the only photos we have.   



Ezra did great until the last half hour or so.  His hands got super cold, so I had one of those moments where you feel like a horrible mom.  Thankfully, that's when adrenaline kicks in.  I stuck those popsicles into my armpits and raced down the trail while Ezra cried and cried.  I think he forgave me because of the m&m's I had in my pocket.  He had more candy on one hike than he's ever had!  I'll tell you what, though, my arms were soooore the next day from lugging that kid!  Made me appreciate that backpack even more!


After our snowy adventure, we joined my family for baked potatoes and the New Year's indulgence--oliebollen.  In Dutch, that roughly translates, fat balls.  I guess they're something like a donut dumpling that you fry in oil and then roll in powdered sugar.  Oh, so good.  Although, this photo of Ezra and Violet doing dishes was snapped a few weeks later, it's a glimpse into the cuteness of Ez and his cousins.  Lots of laughter mixed in with quite a bit of chaos!  So great!



1 comment:

  1. Nice recap. I"m still working on my Christmas post. MIght have to just do a short thing, instead of the novella I'm working on! Nice to hear an update...what gender are you guys hoping for?

    ReplyDelete