I was feeling a little bit unsure of myself the other day. Inadequately suited and/or prepared for the job that I'm up against. Maybe it's because I don't feel like we only have one little, cuddly baby anymore. Maybe it's because implementing a household discipline policy is harder than I expected. Maybe it's because I have fears that I wrestle with more than I want to. Whatever the reason, I had a moment of realization that instead of being the kid running to my mom or dad whenever things aren't right, I AM the mom. There will soon be not just one, but TWO children running to me for protection, security, and answers. And for some reason the words 'woman of the house' kept coming into my mind and seriously scaring me. Whether it is a contractor or a burglar or even a spanking, I would rather just let Andrew deal with it.
I found strength in these verses from Psalm 2 and Psalm 4:
"Blessed are all who take refuge in Him."
"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for you alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety."
Although I do have great responsibility as a wife and a mother and the woman of the house, I am not left to my own demise, and there is no reason to fear. I can (and should) rest securely in the love and the help that the Lord offers to me every moment of every day.
I had no idea how inadequet I would feel about motherhood until I became a mother.
ReplyDeleteMelinda you are an amazing mother and wife that I look up to everyday. Just wanted you to know that.
Thanks for the inspiration. I look forward to seeing how you do it with 2...hoping to learn a few tricks till our 2nd comes....Love you girl.
ReplyDelete