Friday, August 26, 2011

I love this kid!


I like the way Cheryl from a pretty cool life puts it because I absolutely could not agree more.


There is nothing in this world quite like a 2 year old boy. 

So loveable.  And, yet, absolutely exhausting. 

This child loves nothing more than to test me right down to my last nerve.  And most days, we get to that point before breakfast is on the table.



I like the part about reaching the last nerve before breakfast is on the table.  It makes me not feel so bad about those days when it's 8 am, and I think I must be missing part of my brain.  Or my heart.  Or both.  You know, "I'm not smart enough for this."  "I'm not loving, kind, patient enough."  But God says I am.  So that's what I try to remind myself.


There is a small Ikea coffee table in Ezra’s room right now because it’s been displaced by a baby swing.  At nap time, he’s been pushing it over to the door to get to the doorknob.  The funny thing is, even if by reaching the doorknob he could manage to turn it, there’s no way the door could swing open because it is being blocked by a two year old standing on a coffee table.  Gotta love the effort, though.  


No comments:

Post a Comment