Summer!
I like certain aspects of winter, but we had so much fun this summer that when my hands are cold and there is no snow on the ground, I long for summer.
Here's a post about one of our new favorite places. Since we now have 2 little people, it's a bit more hassle to go on a long hike because aside from plenty of water and snacks and sunscreen and hats and jackets (just in case), you have to pack in (and out) diapers. Ugh. This place, as previously seen in this post with Drew's mama, is the perfect place for a toddler! Plenty of space to run. The trip around the lake is only 0.75 miles. There are squirrels and ducks and fish and beavers and lots of rocks to throw in the water. Most of the trail is a boardwalk, and therefore, stroller friendly. Not to mention the real trails that shoot off into the mountains if you want to change it up a bit.
On this particular evening, the boys had a rockin' good time while the girls took a nice stroll. Just picture Ez squealing in delight as Drew puts our off-road stroller to the test. And then imagine my mom voice squealing in the distance, "He's not buckled in! He's not buckled in!"
Can't get enough of it! Now I think I'll warm my hands with a cup of minty hot cocoa....
so pretty. i want to visit that place.
ReplyDelete