Thursday, April 5, 2012

The Birthday Bash

I'm feeling a little bad this year about letting ANOTHER birthday pass without at least inviting some friends over to celebrate.  Andrew did, however, take a four day weekend in honor of his 33 years.

The actual day was spent running here and there to renew his driver's license.  A CDL takes a little more work to renew than a regular license.  After that was all taken care of, we had dinner and an amazing Kahlua "birthday cake" at the Cheesecake Factory.  Then there was a little walk on the parkway and some playground action for the Ezra.

The next day was assigned a project (his idea, not mine!).  And this is the result:


Feels like we need our very own playground out there now.

Saturday was a resting day.  Ezra and I played in the yard.  Drew read a book.  Noella snoozed.  Andrew went on a bike ride.  I went to a coffee shop and read a book while the ferocious wind tried to steal my frappuccino.  We hung out with some of our favorite little buddies while their parents went on a date.  Then we slept because that's what you do on Saturday night after the kids wear you out.  :)

Sunday was a family Easter celebration.  There are not many things in my life to be envious of, but my brother and his wife cooking Easter dinner is definitely one of them.  Prime rib and risotto--yes, please! You can argue that I'm biased, but Peddler's seriously makes the best food I've ever eaten.  And unless you count the Easter dinner, this is not a paid advertisement.  I just like them.

Where have the last nine months gone?   ("They said comb your hair, she said some girls don't.")


And how do I already have a real, live KID?


Life is good.  Just ask these two.



1 comment:

  1. LOVE the last picture! So much joy and happiness in that home :)

    ReplyDelete