Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Ezra's Innovation and My Discovery

So, I don't buy corn on the cob very often because it is so messy to eat. But this weekend, I decided to get some because I don't want to deprive my son of the little joys in life. (And it was on sale.)

Ever since I was young, I thought I loved pepper, so I have a habit of nearly blacking out my yellow corn with black pepper. Andrew's dad has a habit of stopping in Amish country on his way home from work to buy corn from barefooted Amish kids on the back of a truck. This summer, in an effort to avoid any embarrassment (don't want to be unawares with pepper in my teeth), I left the pepper off. Life went on as usual until this weekend when I cooked up some ears for dinner. Just like always, I shook on the pepper. But when I tasted it, there was a noticeable difference. The corn in Wisconsin tasted so much better! I have been drowning out the pure and delicious flavor of corn all of these years because I like it when my lips feel like they are on fire! Needless to say, I think my peppering days are over.

And I just had to post this adorable picture of Ezra enjoying his corn before it is even cooked. After several episodes of flying corn, he decided the best way to keep a grip on his ear was to just rest it on the table and gnaw away.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! I didn't know you had a blog!!! Fun! I love blogs - I like your writing and I love LOVE fresh corn!!! It's one of my favorites. The "unawares" cracked me up, I hate it when that happens :) Ezra is getting so big, we need to get together for another dinner and Dominion night!

    ReplyDelete