Thursday, December 2, 2010

Sledding!



Yep, it's a wintery wonderland around here, and we decided to get out of our warm house and enjoy it!  (At least for a little bit...)  We bundled Ezra up and even found a pair of hand-me-down boots for him to wear.  They won't work anymore when he actually starts walking because they are several sizes too large, but for sitting, they were great!  First I tried to teach Ezra about snow angels while Andrew finished shoveling the driveway.  He was totally unimpressed and cried every time I set him down.  BUT........that (thankfully) isn't the end of the story.


We then headed down the street to our park.  I actually also got to ride on the sled on the way there, but coming back our sled dog kicked me out.  :)  At first Ez was quite unsure of riding in a sleigh, but by the end of our little trip, he was smiling a bit.  At the park, we climbed a small hill to show Ezra the ropes.  I was a bit hesitant because my friend Ashley was just blogging about her son's foot fracture due to riding double on the slide.  Ezra's feet were safely tucked inside the sled, however, and I figured the worst that could happen would be tipping over.  Then Ezra would get his second-ever whitewash (the first he gave to himself while we were still home).  Although we never tipped over, he didn't care one bit about sledding.  Maybe next year.




Even if Ezra can think of many better things to do on a Sunday afternoon, Andrew and I had a blast introducing him to our friend winter.  And I am confident before long he will want to play outside all day, and then our heater vents will be put to good use drying mittens and boots.  Here's to snow and hot chocolate!




1 comment: