Examples:
{On a hike the other day, a tired Ezra flopped down on the side of the trail and said, "Mom, let's sit here and think." When I asked him what we should think about, he didn't hesitate: "Cake." After a few moments of thinking, I tried talking him into moving again. "No," he said, "I want to think for a loooooong time."}
{Noella's drama (that she does not get from me, by the way!) cracks me up every time. Ezra can literally clobber her, and as long as she is having fun, she's all smiles. The moment she feels slighted, however, she turns into a siren and throws herself to the floor. And offending her is not hard to do. Walk in front of her. Try to hold her hand. Say something to her right after she wakes up. She's not even eighteen months and has already slammed a door in anger. Hold on, folks! We're in for a wild ride!}
{I decided to ride my bike to Costco with the kids in the trailer. I've only pulled the double stuffed trailer once or twice simply because Andrew wanted to see if I could do it. Well, I could. And I still can. But on my quest for a big box of organic spinach for only four dollars, I totally ate it (not the spinach!) I was not even moving. I was waiting for a car to pass and when I started pushing off to get going again, my other foot got stuck under the hitch. I ran over my own foot with a bike trailer! And then I landed on my face. And the car I was waiting for looped around the block and drove by again. The woman driving didn't want to embarrass me, so when she saw that I was moving again, she passed without saying anything. Nothing makes you feel like a responsible adult like crashing your kids into a curb while you wimper on the pavement.}
Thank God for a sense of humor and contagious laughter.
Thank God for a sense of humor and contagious laughter.
I didn't know if I should laugh at the bike story. I know it probably wasn't funny at the time. Yikes! But at least you got some spinach? ;) thanks for sharing your stories.. Your kids are too cute
ReplyDelete